DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MIDNIGHT, CET ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2018
Please note submissions for ORAL preference may be in English or Japanese but that submission that are in Japanese will be reviewed and considered for JSGO sessions only.
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step.
Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
If submitting for a Video Presentation - please select the topic Surgical Films - abstracts must be submitted as TEXT like a regular abstract - and if accepted we will advise you with details on how to send in your actual video for onsite presentation.
Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
No changes can be made to abstracts once they are Final Submitted.
Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications.
Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by the Early Registration Deadline to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other congress prior to the 17th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society.
Abstracts must be submitted in English in the English Topics and Japanese in the Japanese Topics.
Abstracts over 250 words will not be accepted.
Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for an Oral Presentation, or a Poster Presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the submitting author will receive all correspondence about the abstract so we advise that the submitting author details that are entered at the time of submission match those details as those of the presenting author.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content“) provided to the 17th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society. (hereafter: “The Organizers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe on any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The Abstract Submitter grants the The Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
3a. For US government employees only:
The Abstract Submitter represents that his/her employer is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the 17th Biennial Meeting of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society. (hereafter: "The Organizers"). To the best of the Abstract Submitter's knowledge the publication of the abstract does not infringe on any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The Abstract Submitter grants The Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content for any purpose. The Organizers understand and agree that the Content is a U.S. government work and as such the Content is not subject to copyright protection.
4. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract that does not comply with the above.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
6. No changes can be made to abstracts once they are Final Submitted. You are welcome to bring an updated Poster onsite with you.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
· Presenting author’s contact details
Full postal address
Daytime and evening phone number
· Author and co-authors’ details
Full first and family name(s).
Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
· Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE (90 characters for Japanese Submission)
· Abstract text – limited to 250 words (700 characters for Japanese Submission), including acknowledgements. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
· Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
· Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
· Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
· Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories – please click here.
· Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words.
· Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
· Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning ePoster or Oral presentation. Submitting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstract acceptance. The committee decision is final.
IGCS 2018 Meeting abstracts will be published as an online supplement to the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer.